GHRSST-PP Global Data Analysis Centre (GDAC)
The Global Data Assembly Center (GDAC) maintained at the Physical Oceanography
Distributed Active Archive Center (PO.DAAC) is tasked with the
Distribution and User Support of all GHRSST-PP data products. GHRSST level 2 preprocessed data (L2P)
is now available via the FTP in near real time through the ftp site at:
ftp://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/GHRSST or by direct ftp at podaac.jpl.nasa.gov.
Read software for the netCDF files are available under:
http://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/GHRSST/software and documentation under:
Information on the GDAC may be obtained through http://ghrsst.jpl.nasa.gov
GHRSST data now available through the GDAC includes:
- Medspiration Regional Data Assembly Center (RDAC) L2P products for TMI, AMSRE,
AVHRR, AATSR, SEVIRI are currently available for the Atlantic
and parts of the Pacific Central American Coast.
- Medspiration Level 4 ultra-high resolution optimally interpolated SSTs in the Mediterranean.
- High Resolution Diagnostic Data Sets
- Remote Sensing Systems (RDAC) L2P products are available globally for AMSRE and TMI.
- Master Metadata Repository (MMR) search capabilities
- A web site has been fully implemented in support of all the GDAC actitivities
- OCEANIDS, the near real time management software at the GDAC, has been managing
all the data streams going into the GDAC. This includes data status and inventory checks
for all GHRSST-PP data streams. Status of GHRSST data streams coming into OCEANIDS
may be accessed through:
Plans for Fy06
Other RDACs coming on line in future months include
NAVOCEANO which will produce a global L2P AVHRR NOAA-18 derived 2.2km. SST product. MODIS global SST
1km data will be produced in collaboration with the Ocean Biology Color Group and the University of Miami.
Other plans include implementing a real time subsetting capability for the GHRSST L2P data sets.